Sunday, April 29, 2012

photos!

The weather has held and the crew has been working with dedication. It is hard to tell where we are in the process relative to being 'done'. The inside partitions are started and will be done this week - they go up FAST once they are clear about what Karen and I want....and that frankly is the biggest hurdle. Now that the space has a real time shape, it has moved from the abstract two dimensional drawings to one of concrete 'this is it. this is what we 'ordered' - let's hope it is what we want" stage. The front of the building will be like looking from a mountain down at the lake. The weather has been clear and cool so the skies are reflecting their deep blue into the deeper blue waters of Ayers Lake. The plumbers, as can be seen in the photos, have completed the downstairs rough in. Nick, the son of the owner is there with an apprentice about his same age. This job seems to be nearly entirely worked by youth. Nicer more competent young men could not be found. The windows arrive May 9th and the doors arrive shortly thereafter. It will be a BIG moment as there has been a fair bit of discussion about size and fit. If all goes as planned, the effect will be captivating. It is a much smaller space than we are accustomed to so rethinking identity as a function of space is an interesting exercise. What do I/we need and why do I think I need it? Ryan has been very helpful in working with us to massage the final floor pattern. Creative and intelligent, we've enjoyed working with him, his Dad Gaston (Gus), Chris, Taylor (who is heading to the Marine Corp at the end of May) and Sean.
Master Bedroom
Taught myself how to use the Lull which is basically a cross between a crane and a forklift. I used it to pull the dock out of the water to be fitted with floats instead of poles. I cannot say I was skilled but I can say that in the end, I was effective. Note I did not use the word efficient. Matt

1 comment: